Brando's Bloggins

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

First day of school


Yesterday was Yins first day of pre-school. She loved it, but was VERY upset when we picked her up. The bus ride from the school to my house was going to be 1 hour. Mind you it is 6 miles at the most. She cried and cried, and said that she could do it. It broke my heart.


So we let the school know that I would pick her up each day.


Today she rode the bus to school. It was only 15 minutes. The route on the way home is totally different thus the LONG ride.


So I picked her up today, and they had her in the bus line again!!! UGH!! SO ... more crying. I let the teacher know that she would NOT be riding the bus home. Please let them NOT put her in the bus line tomorrow. I plan to send a note, but still. Her little heart was broken.
I am a little nervous... okay neurotic so I made her a laminated label that had her full name her school, and her teacher on it. So that she would not get lost. :) She forgot it at school so I guess I will be making another tomorrow. I am not crazy? Right?
Don't answer that.
Oh- and just so you don't think I am a horrible mother. Yuri's first day of school was last Friday. He is in the fourth grade and is doing great. His teacher is very organized and is trying to teach the kids to be also, and well... I love that. How can my baby be in the fourth grade?


2 Comments:

  • At 7:23 PM, Blogger Ragged Around the Edges said…

    OMIGOSH, those kids can't get any cuter. Yuri has gotten so very, very tall and those glasses are adorable!

    (PS: I'd have laminated a tag too. It's a good thing.)

     
  • At 5:58 PM, Blogger Grace said…

    My boys hit fourth grade this year. Where has the time gone?

    When Prophet was in kindergarten, my hubby took him to the Ichthus music festival in Kentucky with our church youth group. There were thousands of people there camping and worshipping. I was scared to death he'd get lost around all those people. I made him about ten cards that were laminated and had all his info, including the cell phone numbers of every youth sponsor my hubby had on the trip with him. I told him to find a grandma or mom type person and tell them he was lost. He wore it the whole time and never once needed it, but it made me feel better. So, no, you're not neurotic, just very protective! I totally get it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home