Brando's Bloggins

Friday, February 03, 2006

Little House Lotta Memories

A few weeks ago Rudy and I decided to upgrade our Dish Newtork Package. One of the main reasons is to get the Hallmark Channel (for Me not Rudy). Three times each day the Hallmark Channel airs Little House of the Praire. I have to admit this is my very favorite show from my childhood.

I remember coming home from school and watching this show each day telling my mother that I had NOT seen the episode only to tell her how it would end twenty mintues from the ending. This show triggers so many memories from my childhood.

I remember wishing that I could go to Walnut Grove and race Bunny against Nellie. I knew that I could beat her since I had been riding since I was just a year old. I could not wait for Nellie to walk into the creek and me attacked by leaches, this was from the books. I can't remember if there was an TV episode for this. I remember crying when Mary went blind. I should remember it was only a few weeks ago that I cried when the light went out. Most of all, I remember hoping that someday I would met a man like Almonzo and he would have a special nickname for me and I would have a special name for him. He does and I do.

Each time I watch an episode I think of my Gram. She loved to watch this show with me as a child and also as an adult. My Gram loved Little House and praire times so much that she bought bonnets and she would were them everywhere. We would get some pretty stange looks and then we would get in the car and giggle like little kids. I am sure that people thought that she was crazy and I was doing some noble service in taking this crazy lady to Wal-mart.

She taught me so much to look outside the box and and to laugh really laugh at myself. Sometimes for fun I carry a Ninja Turtles lunch box as a purse, I wear my hair in low respectable pig tails to work, and high fun pig tails other places, I will wear crazy shoes that people wonder where I got them from, but the thing that I wear the most that drives people crazy is a sock hat with pompoms that hang down on the sides. I love this hat!

I read Ragged today and her hat wearing episode. I got to smile and think that I am sure they have bonnets in Heaven (and hats with kitty ears). She would have loved that hat. I only hope there is someone there with my Gram to giggle with after the people give her crazy looks.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home