Brando's Bloggins

Thursday, May 10, 2007

The great Pinkie Debacle

I don't know how many of you had a blankie as a child, but I would guess at least one of my four readers. :) Anywho... Yin has 3 pinkies...

Pinkie the orginal, this pinkie is pink with a a silkie edge and a chinelle (sp) type top and bottom. This was a lovely baby shower gift and she adored him. Until, the dreaded day we went to the big City of E'ville without him. She cannot go to sleep without him, and therefore we bought imposter pinkie.

Imposter pinkie, looks much like the orginal, same top, same silkie edge, but a silkie bottom. Imposter pinkie was great to have around. Each time orginal pinkie needed a bath she had imposter pinkie and vice versa. This was super... Until we like morons were going to Nene and Papa How's with NO pinkies. So we bought green pinkie aka greenie.

Greenie looks just like Imposter pinkie, but is a soft green color. He got love that weekend and is required to be on the bed, but he is her last choice.

Let me tell you Yin knows those pinkies even in the darkest night or deepest sleep. She will ask for pinkie. I get the orginal.

YIN: NO, PINKIE!!

Me: Imposter pinkie or green pinkie??

YIN: PINKIE

I had her imposter pinkie and she kicks the others to the end of the bed. It cracks me up. The other day imposter pinkie was filthy, and I mean bad. She is a drool bear just like her daddy. So she is on the back porch where the washer and dryer are and what should she spot through the slates of the hamper. Imposter pinkie! At which time she carefully trys to pull a blanket out of the slates. I tried to reason with her that he needs a bath, but she was not having it. I retrieve him from the bowels of dirty clothes and handed him over. YUCK!

So as soon as she goes to sleep I am going in for MI4... Mission Impossible 4... imposter pinkie extraction. I hope to have him washed, dried, and microchipped before she awakes.


Wish me luck! Wait! I hear snoring! I am going in! Que the music!



UPDATE!!!

Well... I was in full retrival mode with the spandx and cables. I was hovering inches above imposter pinkie and.... DING DONG. ARG!!! I was some Mormans or JCotLDS and they were looking for the ASH family. I grew up on this street, so minus about 7 years Rudy and I lived up town, I have been here all my life. There are NO Ashes on our steet.

I started naming names and said "Inyarts" and they said "Yeah, we have some Inyarts in our church I bet it is them. I said I bet not, but go and ask. :) I will try again later. I will not be defeated by this stinky pinkie. :) :)

4 Comments:

  • At 4:17 PM, Blogger Ragged Around the Edges said…

    Leave it to the Mormons to try to interupt Pinkie Extraction.

    (This made me giggle so much!)

     
  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger FarmWife said…

    I can hear the MI theme as you desend from the ceiling...

    This is too funny!!!

     
  • At 5:33 PM, Blogger Rudy said…

    00Zero,
    I am glad operation stinky pinky was a success. We have you in mind for operations in the middle east, code name...operation mad cow. Oh..someone is comming.... The rooster is in the spaceship...I repeat, the rooster is in the spaceship....This message will self destruct in 5 seconds...4...3...2...1...(poof)

     
  • At 4:33 PM, Blogger Mommy to 4 little people said…

    We have a "binkie" also a pink fuzzy blanket. I can so relate to your story. Wish i had thought to get more than one binkie...:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home