Brando's Bloggins

Thursday, October 09, 2008

Back in the 4th Grade

Wow, what a difference a year makes. Yuri is in the 4th grade, and the amount of homework is astounding. He is a very good study. I don't want to say straight A becuase I don't want that pressure on him, but that would be a correct term.

This year everything has to be in cursive, spelled correctly, in complete sentences, and with correct puncuation or it is wrong. Yuri really needs to remember a period at the end of a sentence becuase even if the answer is completely correct it is wrong.

We are dealing with at least 1.5 hours every single night. Plus 10 pages of independent reading. It has gone down a bit at the beginning of the year it was 2 hours. I am a person that COMPLETELY supports the teacher. I figure they are the adult my child is a child so in trouble at school in trouble at home. I am really struggling because I feel that this is very excessive some of the questions that are on the papers remind me of stuff from High School. No Lie. Rudy and I are at our wits end.

I guess I will be hashing this out with the teacher soon, and I am not sure how to approach the problem. I want to support the teacher, but the work is ridiculous and excessive. Pray for us. Braden is probably the top student in the class, and we are stuggling so I am sure that other kids are too.

On the last Science test Braden got a 91. There were three C's and the rest F's. I hope we make it through this year.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:20 PM, Blogger FarmWife said…

    Yikes! BabyGirl is having issues with second grade too. It seems the work is so much harder than first grade.

    I hope your confrence goes well. Not fun.

     
  • At 7:46 AM, Blogger Ragged Around the Edges said…

    Wow, that's tough. Poor Yuri and his parents. Let me know how it shakes out.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home