Brando's Bloggins

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Censorship

Well it has come to that point in every kids life when they need to censor.... the parents.

Some of you, many of you, one of you... might remember that when Yin was a baby I would sing "I wanna kiss you all over, and over again..." Well finally she learned the words and I get great joy when she sings in her little high pitched voice "'Til the night closes in."

Last year at Pre-K, they asked the kids their phone numbers to which Yin proudly replied 867-5309. What? It is a catchy tune. :)

So yesterday was the end all be all...

Mrs. M. her other pre-k teacher bent down to hug a child to which Rudy's child... Not mine said "I see London, I see France, I see Mrs. M's underpants." Yes, I had been telling her that at home. I thought it would be a cute way to tell Yin that I see her panties showing. Well Mrs. M. thought that it was hysterical. I was mortified to which I wanted to reply I will have a talk with Rudy about what he is teaching this kid. Then I drug her as quickly to the car as possible with all the parents giggling.

Oye! So Censorship, I am voting for you this election year. :)

4 Comments:

  • At 12:49 PM, Blogger FarmWife said…

    Oh I'm with you on this one! Husband says stuff when he thinks the FarmHands aren't listening & it always gets repeated at the worst times! At least Yin's teacher thought it was funny!

    When I was little I was visiting at Inkling's house. Her mom was our Sunday School teacher. During Sunday School she asked what we wanted to sing. Apparently I said, "Can we sing You Can Eat Crackers in My Bed Anytime?" My mother was a big Barbra Mandrell fan. My aunt still tells that story!

     
  • At 2:36 PM, Blogger Brando said…

    FW- that is hysterical.

    Yin has been going around the house singing "I'm sorry I'm bad, I'm sorry your blue, I'm sorry 'bout all the things I said to you, but I know I can't take them back."

    In reality that kinda should be her theme song. :) Really she is a great kid, but they pick up on so much.

     
  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger Ragged Around the Edges said…

    Uhoh. It's too cute. How could anyone be offended. She's too adorable to offend. ; )

     
  • At 11:34 PM, Blogger Inkling said…

    That is hysterical. Oh my goodness. You have me giggling. That is a seriously good thing right now, because just a few moments ago I was irate about the election crap flooding my email inbox, by a bunch of Canadians who can't even vote no less! So this post was the perfect medicine to get me laughing and get my heart rate doing a happy dance. And you've got me singing 867-5309. I'll probably forget my own phone number now. =)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home