Brando's Bloggins

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Jury Duty

As some of you might know, on my b'day I receicved many nice gifts and such from all the gang. The latest being Sirius Radio from my sweet Rudy. After I changed stations constantly with the remote for 3 hours he may have wished that we didn't get it.

Anywho.. On my birthday I also got a summons for jury duty. So yesterday, I packed up Yin and took her to the sitter for which I pay $20 a day, but it is SO worth the price. I arrived at the Court House looking my best. Hey, I haven't worked for 3 months I rarely get dressed these days just to clean house. I took my seat in the assigned area and watched the people filter in sitting at least a seat apart. I find it interesting to see how people place themselves in group settings. Then to my surprise my best friend from High School shows up. Yuri and her oldest are in the same class, but we rarely see each other without Yin and her youngest. This was a nice time to catch up.

The clerk informed us that we would make $15.60 a day plus milage mine is 20 miles round trip. So far I am in the hole!

Then they called us up in groups of 14 to question us. Of course I was in the first group and got picked. I can honestly say I didn't mind this, but on the other hand I hate to be away from Yin. Crazy mom logic want to take a break miss them 10 minutes after they are away. Who knew?

We began our trial for domestic distrubance and criminal trespass. Neither of which are very big charges. We went thru one witness and one police officer and then the prosecution rested. The Judge decided it was time for lunch. We went to a near by deli for lunch my cost $7.00 for a sandwich, salad, and drink.

We the people returned sharply at 1:15 to find that the individual had changed his plea to GUILTY so we were all excused. We do not have to report back next week! No jury duty for one year! In my mundane life of diapers and the wiggles this was a nice break.

Babysitter - $20
Jury pay +$15.60
Lunch +$7.00

Wow I came out on the good side and got to do my civic duty!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home