Brando's Bloggins

Friday, January 12, 2007

How I love Mrs. Bennet!

She has the BEST lines.

Here are a few:

Elizabeth Bennet: Mama, you mistake Mr. Darcy's meaning.
Mrs. Bennet: Do I? Do I? He seems to think the country nothing at all!
Elizabeth Bennet: Mama!
Mrs. Bennet: "Confined!" "Unvarying!" I would have him know we dine with four-and-twenty families!

Mrs. Bennet: "And Jane was SO admired"

Mrs. Bennet: Oh, fetch my smelling salts, I feel my faintness coming on me again.


Mrs. Bennet: Did you ever meet such a proud, disagreeable man?
Elizabeth Bennet: The very rich can afford to give offense wherever they go. We need not care for his good opinion.
Mrs. Bennet: No, indeed.
Elizabeth Bennet: Perhaps he is not so handsome after all...?
Mrs. Bennet: Indeed not. Quite ill-favored.

I love, love, love her! Her personality cracks me up! She is the Ultimate Drama Queen.

Oh, Rudy is off with Ed doing some caching in the rain. Ever since I took the quiz all I have wanted to watch is Pride and Prejudice. Yuri asked "What is it rated? Are there any fight scences?" Yes, but now what he is thinking of.

Mr. Darcy is such a snot at the dance, but alas, I love him still. Well only four more hours or so until Mr. Darcy dives into the lake!

AAHHHHHhhhhhhhhh! Now if I just had some ice cream right now would be a perfect moment in time.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:52 AM, Blogger FarmWife said…

    Which version are you watching? BBC/A&E or the Keira Knightly version? Sounds like BBC to me. I love them both! And I adore Mrs.Bennett..."Have you no regard for my nerves?"

     
  • At 9:00 AM, Blogger Brando said…

    It is the one with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle. It says that it is the A&E verison, which is my favorite, but I have both other versions also.

     
  • At 7:48 PM, Blogger Rudy said…

    Holy Cow!!! Save me for this Pride and Prejudice Hell!!!

     
  • At 6:50 PM, Blogger Hope said…

    I'm going to watch Pride & Prejudice right now. (G will be like Rudy: Are you watching that again?) BTW, our avatars are wearing the same shirt. How often do we do that in real life?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home