Brando's Bloggins

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

English Please!!

I am all for equal employment, but please for the love of all that is Holy and good in the world, have customer service people that at LEAST understand English. You know the language of Americans. UUUGGGHH!!!

Today in an attempt to get a head start on our taxes. I bought turbo tax. We have used this program for the last 5 years. With two foreign adoption credits to work through you have to have a program or pay someone. The tax guy wanted $300 to do our taxes. Uh, Not only no, but He!! no! I refuse to pay someone when I can do this myself for less than $50 bucks.

Anywho...

A page came up with my activation code and a message that said "This code will be emailed to you" Please click here to close the window and continue. Click Click. Email. No activation code! What??? I call Intuit.

Me: "My name is Brando and when I purchased the program it indicated that the code would be mailed, but no code."

Person who needs to learn ENGLISH: " You need code?"

Me "YES, I NEED CODE."

PWNTLE: "What color you disc?"

Me: "Red."

PWNTLE: "Okay, me help you."

Me: "Okay"

PWNTLE: "What you need?"

ME: "MY ACTIVATION CODE!!!!"

No lie this went on for 20 minutes. Finally, he provided me with two new activation codes and neither work. Then he says that he can "no help me", and he asked that I call some other number. What a Pain in the A$$!

So I call new Nonenglish speaking guy and start all over. Finally, 15 minutes later he gets me a new code, and it works. That is when the Heavens opened and the Angels all began to sing "Hallelujah!"

The program is installing as we speak. YEAH!

New Nonenglish Speaking person who needs to learn English: "Me do good?"

Me: "Yes, Thanks!"

2 Comments:

  • At 4:44 PM, Blogger Hope said…

    I'm unnerved by your TurboTax problem. That's the program we use. I hope we don't have trouble, too.

    I have to send props to the folks in India. My Christmas present problems have so far been resolved very smoothly.

     
  • At 5:56 PM, Blogger Rudy said…

    Me sorry you have problem. Hope have nice day.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home