Brando's Bloggins

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Who really learned the lesson???

Yin is really good at going to bed and she loves for me to tell her stories. I was having a really difficult time trying to continually come up with stories that I liked and that were not to long. So I invented new stories.... They are called "The stories of Princess Yin and Princess Boots". Boots is the monkey from Dora the Explorer.

Anyway, these are lesson stories. Yesterday, Yin did not want to help pick up her room so... Here is last nights story.

Once upon a time there were two princesses. Princess Yin and Princess Boots. Everyday they would play in their play room and make a big mess. One day the Queen Mother ( sound like anyone we know), came into the room and asked PY and PB to please pick up their room. They responded "NO" and the QM, cleaned the room. The next day it was the same thing... NO and the next day NO.... On the forth day the QM asks them to pick up and they do not. Finally, the QM takes all of the toys away, each and every last toy. PY and PB were very, very sad...

At this point in the story Yin's lip is sticking out. In a little voice, she said " Me sad, mommy". I told her I was sad too.

Well, the next day the QM comes into the playroom and askes if they would like a toy. YES YES they replied. QM gave each of the kids a toy as long as the promised to put it away at the end of the day. Sure enough at the end of the day the put the toys away. Everyday after that the QM would ask and they would put their toys away until they had all of their toys back.

Well by this time Yin was grinning like the Chesser Cat...

The princesses were so glad to have their toys back that they picked up each and every night without the QM telling them to pick up, and all was right in the land.

I am a super mom, I thought, I have invented a way to tell stories with lessons!!! I am a genuis.
I look down at Yin's sweet little angel face and kiss her snow. She looks at me with those big brown eyes and says " Mommy me pick up..... NO!" Then giggles her little giggle. UGH!

Okay, she is smarter than me! Lesson learned!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:39 PM, Blogger Rudy said…

    She gets her smarts from her dad. He he heeeeee

     
  • At 8:31 PM, Blogger FarmWife said…

    Secretly I think they're all smarter than we are.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home