Brando's Bloggins

Friday, December 08, 2006

I'm under your spell.

Last night was one of Rudy's work parties. Due to the large number of employees and schedules they have three parties and you pick the one you want to attend. Usually they are finger foods, drinking, smoke, and a LOUD band. Well, this year they had two parties like this and they had one party that was a buffett dinner and a hypnotist. This is the party that we chose to attend.

The food was very good. Next we settled in for the entertainment. It was VERY difficult for him to get volunteers. Finally, he ended up getting 7 or 8. We have been to the The Raven two times and it was great, but people WANTED to be hypnotized. He had 25-30 volunteers so the people that we most suggestive were up there.

So he began to put the people under, I noticed myself looking away and concentrating on not trying to concentrate. Eventually, the people who were the most susceptible were left, and that was two people. He made them do crazy things like slay dragons, get bit by chairs, and sing like Britney Spears. All in all it was pretty entertaining. I really wish that Rudy would have went up there, but he had not interest. Rudy asked why I didn't go. He could not have blasted my but out of that Chair with a ton of Dynomite.

We returned home areound 9:20. Rudy's work had called twice and since only Rudy and Mei Mei's Daddy know how to do that job one of them had to go back. Well Mei Mei's daddy had drank a few beers so... Rudy went back to work. Their empolyer is very strick and it would not at all be safe for MMD to go. He got home at Midnight and was going back again at 6am. Four trips to his work town in 24 hours is ALOT.

Do you think that you could be hypnotized? I often wonder if I can if I let myself try.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:24 AM, Blogger Ragged Around the Edges said…

    A hypnotist at a party that serves alcohol had to be a hoot!

    I don't know if I could or not, but don't want to try it in front of a bunch of my co-workers, so I understand Rudy's hesistancy.

     
  • At 12:17 PM, Blogger Rudy said…

    The hypnotist said due to co-worker involvement and tension it is hard to get people to relax and to make it work well. Also I wish we could have him make a suggestion to Yin to pick up her stuff. I would have also like to see Brando up in the front clucking like a chicken. Oh well...Maybe next year.

     
  • At 8:34 PM, Blogger FarmWife said…

    No Way, no how! Major control issue.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home