Brando's Bloggins

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

80 & 2

Yesterday, I took my 80 year old gram and my two year old Yin to the doctor. Gram had an appointment and need someone to drive her. Here are a few things that I observed from the day.

80 year old Grams have no business climbing into my blazer while 2 year olds can climb anything.

80 year old Grams will let you open the door for them while 2 year olds want to do it themselves.

80 year old Grams get no stickers at the doctors office while 2 year olds get 6 stickers.

80 year old Grams need to be pushed in a wheelchair around the hospital while 2 year olds want to run free.

80 year old Grams forget things while 2 year olds remember me saying something about the Teletubies from 3 weeks ago.

80 year old Grams and 2 year olds both have problems in telling their ages.

80 year old Grams tell you the same thing three times and 2 year olds tell you the same thing 20 times.

80 year old Grams look cute holding 2 year old kids hand in the parking lot.


I am so very blessed to have this Gram in my life, as my other Gram passes away 3 1/2 years ago. I sat in the living room watching my Gram and my daughter eat after I had fixed their plates. Sometimes life is really good. It was a pain to try and take Gram and Yin both, but in the end it was all worth the effort just watching them together.

6 Comments:

  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger Ragged Around the Edges said…

    You are blessed to have both "ladies" in your life. (This made me tear up, no fair, no fair!)

     
  • At 4:43 PM, Blogger Ramblin73 said…

    I noticed that you had to use pudding to get the 2 year old out to the car. I bet you didn't have tot do that for Gram. Hee Hee.

     
  • At 5:01 PM, Blogger Rudy said…

    I laughed soooo hard when reading this. You definitely found the silver lining in this situation.

     
  • At 5:03 PM, Blogger Rudy said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 5:06 PM, Blogger Brando said…

    Okay, I was on the wrong account...

    I had pudding in the car for the 80 year old and the 2 year old.

     
  • At 8:33 PM, Blogger FarmWife said…

    Shel Silverstein has a poem about the little boy and the old man...this reminded me of it.

    Sounds like a good day.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home