Brando's Bloggins

Friday, January 26, 2007

My Best Present-

As it approaches my B'day and I become a year older than my dear Rudy, I have reflected back to what was my BEST b'day present.

January 27, 2005... I was driving on my way to work. I was running late and Lisa had just called to ask if I wanted a Diet Coke. I was at the 4-way stop in B'port and the phone rang. Whose number is that? My heart began to pound as my mind recognized the number.

Caller: Brandy
Me: Yes
Caller: I have some news for you. (At this point my heart is beating out of my chest.)
Me: Okay...
Caller: You can pick you daughter up on Tuesday (at this point I am crying and have to pull of the road)

Even as I type this it brings tears to my eyes.

Yin has really been a blessing into our lives. She is always keeps us on our toes.

Tomorrow I am going with Hope to the big city to the north. We are going to look at yarn, used books, and scrapbooking stuff. After that my mom is making me dinner of all my favorites Meatloaf, fried potatos, and lima beans. I know I am weird. Then we are going to a wedding reception with the kids. It will be a BUSY day!



I am not sure what happened to the rest of my post?/

4 Comments:

  • At 10:09 AM, Blogger FarmWife said…

    That has got to be the best birthday present EVER!!!

    Happy Birthday, Brando!

     
  • At 10:09 AM, Blogger Rudy said…

    Do you concider that a present? He he he I gues i hove nothing to worry about.

     
  • At 2:59 PM, Blogger Ragged Around the Edges said…

    I didn't realize your birthday was soon. Happy birthday in advance.

    And. . . what a wonderful, wonderful birthday present.

     
  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger needlefingers said…

    Happy Birthday!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home