Brando's Bloggins

Friday, December 12, 2008

I am a Sub Machine

Okay... I don't think that was exactly the right lyrics, but...I have been very busy subbing at the school.

I really, really enjoy it. Last week was in the Junior High. I was 7th grade English two days, and 7th Math one day. I loved the Math so very much, and my brain felt smarter just exercising it.

On Tuesday I was third in the Am, and in the afternoon I was Yuri's teacher. It was odd in a funny way. He said Mommy, Mrs Mommy, Mrs Our Last Name... What am I supposed to call you? I said Mrs Our Last Name. There is a boy that is Special needs in his class and he said at least 30 times. Yuri you mom is the teacher. Your mom is the teacher. It was funny. He just could not get over it.

I really enjoy subbing, and was very excited to get my first check!! Next week is the Christmas program for both Yin and Yuri- they are at separate schools so it should I will be busy. Rudy will not be able to go because... well his work is a PITA about certain things.

He will be on vacation starting the 19th, and we are heading to his parents house for 4 days. I am sure that the kids will have a BLAST.

One more odd observation- in all of the the junior high class at least 40% did not have pencils and paper? What the heck? I could not even imagine going to class without a pencil and paper. I asked the teachers if it was just a joke on the sub, and they said, no. I was just floored.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:57 PM, Blogger Rudy said…

    Its nice to be a kept man. I just set back and watch sports on TV with my fuzzy pants on and the money comes rollin in.

     
  • At 3:23 PM, Blogger Ragged Around the Edges said…

    Ummm, Mrs. Brando, may I have a pencil and a piece of paper.

    If only you could have been my sub in school!

     
  • At 11:36 AM, Blogger K_Dense73 said…

    Bless your heart. I could not do that job.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home