Brando's Bloggins

Saturday, February 11, 2006

One Scoop or Two!






Today we cleaned stalls at my mom and dad's house. Since my dad has just had open heart surgery a little over a month ago he was not able to assist. Which was probably good anyway because all he likes to do is complain that we scoop horse sh*t wrong!

Most people would think that this is a horrible task but after 20 some years it really isn't that bad. The smell has long since stopped bothering me and my clan. My brother and I take turns bad mouthing each other all the while we keep telling my mom that she is not helping. We really won't give her the chance we are much younger than she is plus she does all the weekly chores for the horses. My momma is one hard working gal. I remember Ramblin saying that my mom is the only person he knows that can sweep a perfectly clean floor and get a dustpan full of dirt!

We let Waylon our new puppy run free and the barn cats beat him up. He is a 32 pound boxer and is much bigger than those cats, but they are FIGHTERS not lovers.

Yin stayed inside and took her nap. While Yuri ran all over the barn like a wild man. He is not yet old enough to master the proper poop scooping technique. We made Rudy ride the 4-Wheeler so he did not hurt his back . My brothers gal is due to have a baby boy in May so we did not let her help at all. She checked in with Yin and kept and eye on Yuri. The thing that I love the most about her is that she will let me molest her pregnant belly. Since Yin and Yuri came from the stork this is something that I missed. I will often talk into her belly to tell Mason (baby's name) that I can't wait for him to be born and please kick if he can understand me. No kicks so far, but maybe soon.

It was really pretty outside with the snow falling and the horses playing in the snow blowing and snorting around. It kinda gives you a peaceful feeling.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:50 AM, Blogger Rudy said…

    Horses blowing snot at ya when you come near and hip deep in poo. Cant get any more at peace if you tried. Love Ya Babe.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home