Brando's Bloggins

Friday, March 03, 2006

Sad News from Iraq

I have two brothers both are younger than me. My baby brother BeeOh(Yin calls him this)& My brother Choy(that is what I call him) is 30 and in the Army and is currently serving his second tour in Iraq. He has served in Iraq, South Korea (Yin's home county), Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Bosnia & Herzegovina. I think that is all but not sure. He was awarded the bronze star on his last tour in Iraq for exceptional actions and saving the lives of others. He works in engineering-demolition aka land mine clearing. My brother is a GREAT soldier and I am VERY VERY pround of him. Each day I worry and wonder if he is okay, if he knows how much we love and miss him...

Yesterday my mom said that he was on the Instant Messager with her and that he was very upset. It seems that an Iraqy man approached him with his small son around 2-3 years old that seemed to be having an allergic reaction to a medication. They were out in the middle of no where. My brother and the man began to preform CPR. Others in the group radioed for help, but the small boy died before they could get help there in time.

This breaks my heart. Choy loves little kids. He is a little kid a heart himself. He loves to torment Yuri and Yin. He like me has been told that he cannot have bio children.

Keep my brother in your thoughts and remember all the soldiers everyday that allow us the freedoms that we have. Sorry for the gloom I seem to be unable to shake the helplessness that I feel it took me most of the night and day to be able to bring myself to write this down...

2 Comments:

  • At 4:15 PM, Blogger FarmWife said…

    How horribly sad. We do not realize on the whole how blessed we are. I'll send a prayer out for your brother.

     
  • At 8:50 PM, Blogger Ragged Around the Edges said…

    I cannot imagine that kind of a situation and how he has to deal with it. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home