Brando's Bloggins

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Strange Encounters at Stride Rite

Today I took fat foot Yin to the Stride Rite in Evansville for some new shoes. She wears an X-Wide! There were out of one of the pairs that I wanted and would have to order them and mail them to me.

The lady asked my last name...
"?!?" I replied.
"Oh, the same as the country singer." she replied.

What country singer I thought? Maybe a pop singer, but country?

"You know (Cynical's 1st name) ?!?" she said.
"His name was (insert correct name)." I replied.
"Are you sure?" she asked.
"POSITIVE." I replied.

This reminds me of a story. Rudy has some kin with a similar name and when this tragedy occured Rudy told me that some people had thought that his kin had passed. I have always thought that this was odd. Aside from a strange fetish with Star Trek
(which must be in the ?!? blood line) I would never have though this about his kin.

Now that all people in Blog land are very CONFUSED. I will move on to another confusing thought!

3 Comments:

  • At 6:21 AM, Blogger Ragged Around the Edges said…

    Cynical could share several similar encounters, one as recent as last week.

     
  • At 7:30 AM, Blogger FarmWife said…

    I take it the Yin and Yuri are up and running again. B.B. has wide feet too. Mine are so narrow Mama had to have my mary janes made in St.Louis every year.

     
  • At 7:28 PM, Blogger K_Dense73 said…

    I've heard that all my life. I get called that singer's name more often than not. It's hard to smile at it anymore.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home