Brando's Bloggins

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Camping Fun?

We are going camping this weekend with our good friends Mei Mei's Mommy and Daddy. We usually have a pretty good time. Mei Mei's daddy works with Rudy and Mei Mei's mommy and I have become very good freinds over the past 5 years or so...

We are going to a park that is about 1 hour north of here. This is a really nice park. It has two style's of camp grounds located in the park a very rustic setting and then a very field child friendly setting. We will probably park in the field side. This is near the shower house which can relly be a blessing (especially if you know Rudy) Hee Hee!!!

I really love to go camping, but there are things that I hate. I hate buying the food and trying to figure out what we are going to eat. Lord forbid Yuri doesn't have any gogart! I really hate packing the camper with clothes, food, supplies, blankets, pillows, bathroom products, and all the like. I stress out each time for at least 3 hours after arrival trying to figure out what I forgot. Yin really needs her diapers! I hate the clean up. I am a neat freek so sue me. I like the camper to be neat. So at least once sometimes twice a day you can find me on my knees mopping the floor in the camper. I really dislike campfire smoke. Okay I said it. I know that it is crazy for a person to go camping who hates the smoke, but I do!

I am sure that the people that go with me will have the same kind of complaints. They have to hear me moan and groan for a week before we go.

Then when I get home I have a mountain of wash to do. I remember going camping with my parents as a child. I couldn't understand why my mom did not want to go ever single weekend. What a nightmare 3 kids must have been for her. In addition to three kids and my dad, who lets face it, is the worst, she had a least five horses to pack food, water, koolaid ( in case they wouldn't drink the water), and all the equipment for them plus spare equipment in case something broke. It seems to me that she packed for a week straight. Got gripped at for all the things not there and then unpacked for a week straight.

God Bless you Mommy! You made our camping trips GREAT!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:37 PM, Blogger Ragged Around the Edges said…

    A lot of work, but well worth it.

     
  • At 4:45 PM, Blogger Rudy said…

    I dont see the problem. I get home, load up the camper, jump in the truck for a couple of days of rest and relaxation. He He

     

Post a Comment

<< Home