Brando's Bloggins

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Do you C what I C

Well, this weekend was the big St. Louis trip for Hope and me. We had a GREAT time. We were able to "C" all kids of things and do all kinds of things.

The first that we went to "C" was Polly Paperbacks. I really like the old guy in there he is always friendly and chatty. We both made a few small purchases and moved on. Next we ate at Stake-N-Shake, and enjoyed the shakey goodness. UUUMMMM!!! We travelled south to Sunset Hills home of Harthstone Knits. It was nice to see and pet all the varieties of yarns, but no purchases were made. I know I couldn't believe it either. I have been there before and the selection was GOOD, but this time. The store had a funny smell and Hope noticed it also. I don't know if someone else bought the store, but it was just okay.

We then travelled north to Hazelwood and the home of The Weaving Department at Myers House. I have been there at least twice with Needles and they have greatly expanded. I did not remember that the entire second floor was FULL. There was Yarn everywhere. Hope was able to find alot of stuff and I was able to "C" some pretty great stuff also. I bought two balls of soft yarn called Cypruss Mohair. It is purple, blue, and black. They had it made into a really cute and EASY scarf.

After that we headed to the St. Louis Mills Mall. HOLY COW! That place is HUGE! We made purchases at Gap Outlet,Old Navy Outlet, Gymboree Outlet, Bath & Body Outlet, and Books-a-Million Outlet. Then we headed to the Hotel.

AAahhhh the Hotel. Just an FYI... There is only ONE way to get to the Embassy Suites, and if you miss your road. You must make a U-turn drive back thru the tunnel that wigs me out, drive three more miles, do and illegal U-turn, travel back thru the creepy tunnel, cuss the morons who designed the system, drive 10 miles and hour slower than the speed limit, do not let anyone off the on ramp, and if you get really lucky turn into Eagle Drive. WOW! We had a blast.

We got to the hotel and checked in. We went upstairs to see our room. We opened the door and ..... A king sized bed. Now I love Hope and she loves me, but... I called the front desk and they ASSured me that I requested a King Smoking??? NOT! So after a small adjustment much giggling and laughing that is not appropriate for the blog. We made it to our new wonderful room. Room 501. Why must I tell you 501 was the number. I tell you becuase it is always important to remeber your room number. Ours was 501. We rested in room 501, and made supper plans.

We knew that we wanted Mexican, and Hope found the BEST Mexican places in St. Louis. It was called Los Palmos. We went off to "C" what we could "C" and ended up at the Galleria Mall. It was really nice. Hope got her free panites from the coupon at Victorias Secret. I got some stuff and we were on our way. We stopped at the Friends 2B made and built a doll for Yin. Next we were off to the Gymboree where Hope got the most beautiful dress for Mei Mei. We visited a few more stores and made some purchases at Waldons Books... See a book loving pattern here.

We got back to the hotel and read our books and settled in for a great night of sleep. At 11:30... we heard a bang, bang, bang.... tap, tap, tap... then a continuous tap.

Me: Hope are you expecting a stripper?

Hope: NO?

I go to the door and just pull it back a smidge and say you have the WRONG room. I heard a sorry and went back to bed... Well.... 3:30am... tap, tap, tap,... Bang, BANG, BANG... Well now I was MAD! I went to the door and heard. "Hey T-bone you in there" to which I replied, "YOU HAVE THE WRONG ROOM!!!!!" He realised that I was telling the truth... "OOOOPppps, I do have the wrong room he muttered." We went back to bed with some more giggling.

Today, we went down and had a great breakfast and we were off to "C" what we could "C". We stopped in Fairfiew Heights at the Borders, the Gymboree, and Sam's. Then we headed for home.

It was such a great trip. I had a BLAST. I really needed sometime away, and Hope is the best travel buddy ever! We sang along with the radio and soon we were home. I told Rudy of all the thins that we were able to "C". All in all it was a GREAT weekend!!!

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 8:10 PM, Blogger Ragged Around the Edges said…

    Sounds like a marvelous weekend, despite U-turns and Room 501. Paint me green with envy over the yarn exposure.

     
  • At 8:52 PM, Blogger Rudy said…

    I hope I dont see Brando and Hope on the next addition of GIRLS GONE WILD ST. LOUIS. He he he

     
  • At 1:54 PM, Blogger Inkling said…

    That sounds so much fun. I could picture everything. I just wish I would have told you about Dunaway Books near SLU. It's a great used bookstore that is sooo fun - like Christmas and a treasure hunt at the same time.

    As for the shopping....oh, I'm homesick just reading about it. Yeah, I think Hearthstone knits may have changed owners. It's not the same place it used to be. And you're right about the funny smell. If you guys ever take another shopping trip to St. Louis, the new West County mall is a great place. They have added so many wonderful shops, and I always enjoy shopping there. Years ago, it was a dead and boring place. Not so now.

    And if you ever go back......St. Louis City Coffeehouse has the BEST crepes in the world. They stuff them with everything from meat and veggies to fruit and chocolate. So it's easy to get a full meal there or just dessert. On weekends, people wait in line sometimes outside the door just to get a plate of them.

    Glad you guys had fun, and thank you for sharing. It was fun reading about my hometown. Now, back to real life in Canada......

     

Post a Comment

<< Home