Brando's Bloggins

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

A whole nights sleep... Almost

Last night Yin was like a ragdoll. She wanted to be held and snuggled. At one point Rudy asked if I thought she had a temp or it was from the crying. She didn't feel very hot so I said the crying. I checked her about 30 minutes later 101.0... So I wrestled her to the ground for some Motrin and then gave her a cool bubble bath. She perked up a little in the tub.

We watched American Idol. She is usually up dancing, but tonight all the could do was wave her hands in the air to the beat. --- I have to say that I was not impressed by most of American Idol.--- We put her to bed and Rudy read her a Dora story. He went in after she was asleep and gave her a breathing treatment. He said she was very sweaty. He does a great job with her.

It was bedtime. I have a HORRIBLE fear of putting a child to bed with a fever and Tylenol. There was a death a few years ago, and it has me terrified. Anyway, I kept getting up to check on her. Made sure that she was breathing and alive and then back to bed. Only to repeat the process many times. One time I woke she was laying outside our door on the floor. Our door is always open, but she has recently become afraid of the dark. Our house looks like an airplane landing strip at night, but I want my room dark. She will stand outside the doorway and cry or call for us, but will not come in. Usually, we can hear her coming before she gets to the door.

This morning she is cranky, but I bribed her to take her medicine for a Hershey's kiss. We are into an episode of Blue's Clue. I will keep you posted.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:15 PM, Blogger Rudy said…

    I checked her this AM and covered her up a bit. I felt her feet and they were warm. I hope she is in better spirits when I get home.

     
  • At 6:15 AM, Blogger Ragged Around the Edges said…

    Poor little one. I hope she feels better soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home