Brando's Bloggins

Friday, March 02, 2007

Travel plans

Well, we are travling to the "promise land" as Pilot calls it. We are leaving in the morning, and going to spend the day and night at Nene and Papaw Hows the kids are terribly excited! They wanted to leave this AM, but Rudy has a meeting tonight. He will be gone from 6 until 10.

Today, I had to take McBride to the Doctor. I love my Grams, but I wish she would give me a little more than 12 hours notice. Yowza. We went to the "Liebarry" as Yin calles it. They got some books ans did some coloring. It was fun. Yuri was out of school due to Teachers Workshop.

Yuri is VERY big into Accelerated Reading. He has been reading and testing like Mad to get to 75 points for a Pizza party. That means he would have to get a perfect on 150 books. Well, he can only test so many times per day, but last week he tested 5 times in one day! He said "I'm trying really hard." He read during all the free times and tested during recess since they can't go outside and the GYM is for the big kids PE. He is curretly at 43 points. I went to his teacher to ask about the AR program, and in his class his teacher only has 32 AR books that are in her room all the time. The other AR books are on a moving cart that they access only one time per day. I can't believe how few books they have, and honestly, some of them are so old. I am on a mission to find some AR books for his class to donate.

Many of the books are not in their AR system. They need new quizzes, but the software is $$$$. I can't afford that, but maybe I can get some more things to help her out. I was told by a group of ladies, that "Teachers don't want you to buy for the classroom at Christmas, they want gifts for themselves." Seems to me you can only have so many lotion sets, but what do I know. I think they would be glad to get stuff for their class. Espicially, since they are new teachers.

Anywho.... Yuri is is the 2nd grade 7th month, and he is reading consistantly at 3rd grade 8th month. AKA: Higher level than his daddy! Just kidding, but Rudy doesn't like to read.

Well off to finish cleaning so we can buzz out of her. Have a nice weekend.

No coupon today, but I sure that I will find on for Monday.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:00 PM, Blogger Rudy said…

    I dont read very goodly but I am a whiz at spulling.

     
  • At 7:51 PM, Blogger K_Dense73 said…

    Y Kant Rudy Reed?

     
  • At 8:35 PM, Blogger Ramblin73 said…

    Huked On Fonix Reely Wurkz Fur Me!

     
  • At 6:55 AM, Blogger Ragged Around the Edges said…

    Go Yuri! (Insert my rant about the importance of a good reading foundation.)

    And, as the child of two teachers: they have enough lotion and enough apple pins. I think they'd welcome some useful stuff for the classroom.

    Maybe Yuri can tutor Rudy. . . ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home