Brando's Bloggins

Friday, July 07, 2006

Kicking & Screaming

Today Yuri, Yin and I went to the local Goodwill. I love to shop here. They have a VERY good selection of books and most of their things are nice. They are very organized and keep the store really clean. Yin and Yuri were playing with the toys while I was looking at the books. When it was time to go I told the kids that they could each get one item.

Yuri picked a little truck for $.79 and Yin had a little ABC game. I picked her up and asked if she wanted the item. She began to scream and yell. "PLAY! PLAY!" I clamly told her that we were going to take the item home did she want to do that... Well from there it just got worse. She continued to scream as if I were murdering her and I put her and Yuri's items back and we began to leave. I clamly took her to the car and placed her in her seat. All this time she was still screaming at the top of her lungs.


Finally I got her buckled in and one of the Goodwill ladies was returning from lunch. I told her that I was not kidnapping some child that was my own monster in there yelling. She just laughed. ( I am in there alot, so they knew that they were muy kids)

I am not really sure the proper way to handle a temper tanturm. Should I let her lay on the floor and just have it out? I really hate to spank I mean she was already crying what good would spanking do? I tried to remain clam and talk to her in a calm voice, but still...

To this day Yuri has NEVER had a tanturm. UGH!!! This must have come from Rudy's family. (Usually know is when I blame the birth parents Hee HEE!)

I can safely say one thing. My parents would have whipped my A$$! Any advice? No I cannot use a muzzle on the kid either.

Calgon take me AWAY!!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:50 AM, Blogger Rudy said…

    Shock Collar...Yeah Yeah...Shock Collar. He he he

     

Post a Comment

<< Home