Brando's Bloggins

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Eventful

That is the only way that I can describe the last few days.

Nene and Papa How came on Thursday and we had a great visit.

On Friday, they watched Yin and Yuri so that my mom and I could take one of the horses for a procedure at the vets. During the course of the procedure, Two Days, the horse, became unrully and an pulled back and flung himself and his head. He whipped his head with such force. It came back against a pipe fence and my moms arm was in between his head and the fence and it broke her arm into a horrible U shape.

The vet threw us into his truck and off to the ER we went. He sent his wife later to check on my mom. They had to do some adjustments, to say the least, and put a cast on with surgery scheduled for today.

We arrived at the hospital this Am a little tired and alot nervous. God Bless Nene and Papa How, as they stayed so that I would have a sitter. I did have a few people lined up but it was 4 people all for a few hours at different times. They took my mom back at around 8:30 and the surgery was about 2 hours. She did very well, but was really sick to her stomach when she came out. I have had a few surgeries and each time I am so sick to my stomach when they are done.

My dad just called and said that they are on their way home. I hope that she is able to rest and that her work leaves her ALONE.

In other news, we had a WONDERFUL visit with Pinto, "L", Ragged, Cynical, Hope, and Jenny from the Block. It was a great weekend.

Oh, and in further news, our refridgerator died over the weekend. They can not come until the 10th to look at it. He said that they would then have to order parts and come back in a few weeks. I cannot imagine a month without a fridge.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:21 PM, Blogger Rudy said…

    Like you said... Eventful.

     
  • At 11:06 PM, Blogger K_Dense73 said…

    I hope your mom is feeling better.

     
  • At 6:55 AM, Blogger Ragged Around the Edges said…

    Hoping your mom is recuperating as well. She didn't strike me as someone who can be slowed down by an arm in a sling.

    (And the fridge. . . ugh. That's no fun, no fun at all.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home