Brando's Bloggins

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Surprise, Surprise Party.

Today I got home from shoe shopping with Yin and my Dad and there was a message from my Aunt that the surprise party for my grandma's 80th B'day was going to be Saturday from 1-4. Surprise party! I was surprised. It seems that no one could call me, my mom or dad OKAY anyone in our whole family! I am really PI$$ED! Oh! and BTW I am supposed to do all the decorating! I am ready to blow up!!!!

I called my mom and asked about this she said "you mean they want you to buy all the decorations for ten tables and the rest of the building!" Now my mom and I are both mad. Table clothes can be bought pretty cheap, but times ten!

I waited a few minutes and called my aunt. She does not seem to understand that decorating would be the hardest job for me. I have to show up and hour early 12. Okay that's not only lunch time for adults, but Yin sleeps everyday from 11-1:30pm.
I asked why no one called me and she then informed me that it was in the paper! Then she asked if I would call my mom tell her about the party and let her know to bring Punch. I am pretty sure that I would like to Punch something...

Am going to stop writing now before my fingers type really really bad words!!! Please don't get me wrong I love my Gram, but those other people are some of the most inconsiderate people I know! Family can't live with them, Can't shoot them... or something like that.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:10 PM, Blogger FarmWife said…

    We've had moments like that. One night Husbands entire family drove by our house to go to his Grands. It was after we had bathed the kids, so we didn't go investigate. The next morning we found out there was a family dinner. No one told us, but they all wondered where we were...including the family that drove 3 hours to be there!

     
  • At 4:13 PM, Blogger Ragged Around the Edges said…

    I think sometimes it's hard for people to see past themselves and so it's tough for some to realize that other people have a different perspective and responsibilities.

    I say take a deep breath, do the best you can with decorations, but don't knock yourself out, that can't be expected give your responsibilities and timeline.

    Hang in there. Pretty pansies are out right now and you can nab some for $1 a pot, put some tissue around them, sit them in the center of the table and call it a day. Spring-esque, inexpensive and a goodie that guests can fight over to take home. No clean up.

    Don't fuss over streamers and signs and table cloths, it's not environmentally responsible. ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home