Brando's Bloggins

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

TO the tune of Walking in Memphis

Put on my Tennis shoes and
I picked up a can
Threw it in the Wal-mart bag
and worked on my tan.
Bud Lite and Miller
Dr Pepper and Diet Rite
Yeah, I got some really good ones
on my 2 mile walk tonight.
Walking to Disney
Walking while I pick up the cans
Walking to Disney
Its a long way and I'm still not tan.
Saw a couple bats
and a car and truck or two
We keep right on walkin'
until the kids were more than through.
Now Walyon started panting
and Yin was chatting alot
but Yuri and Rudy were looking high and low
cause cans are hard to spot.
Cause we are walking to Disney
Walking while we pick up the cans
Walking to Disney
But, when will I ever get a tan?


We have decided that we are going to go to Disney on pop cans. We have been walking and collecting and a few people are collecting for us.

I realize that this is probably impossible unless we go to a Nascar race and collect beer cans, but tonight we walked 2 1/2 miles and got a Wal-mart bag full. We took Waylon and it was a great walk.

I hope that we can keep walking each evening. Tomorrow we will have to take another route.

Also this along with trying not to use papertowels and eco friendly light bulbs is our small part on helping our planet.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:50 PM, Blogger Rudy said…

    I think it is a noble effort and I dont mind picking up cans and doing mind doing part for the environment but I also believe what one comedian said about being eco friendly to the Earth to save the planet is a laugh. We are being eco friendly to save ourselves because if we dont the Earth will shake us off like a bad case of fleas and keep on keepin on without us.

     
  • At 6:32 AM, Blogger Ragged Around the Edges said…

    We'll start a bag for ya. . . you'll get to Disney.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home