Brando's Bloggins

Monday, July 24, 2006

Home Again

Well we had a very successful trip to NeNe's and Papa's. The kids were great in the car on the way down. On the way back Yin and Yuri both, got sick in the car. I used to get car sick all the time. I sure hope that this is not the start of something. He seems to get sick each and everytime we go to KY. As soon as we get on the back roads he starts to complain of a painful belly. He doesn't seem to have many problems anywhere else, but most of the roads here are good, wide, and flat.

Over the weekend we went to visit Mei Mei's mommy and daddy as they were camping at the local park. That evening we went to "movies on the square". The town we live in has bought a projector and screen and they are showing FREE movies on Saturday nights. This past weekend was Hoodwinked. It was animated little Red Riding hood movie. Not to bad all in all Yin started to get antsy so we brought her home early.

My brother Choi leaves for Iraq tomorrow. He will be home for good in November and then he has to go back for another year or so in either May 2007 or 2008. I am not sure.

As of last week we were planning to drive to Disney. However, when I logged on to Yahoo. Southwest had cheap flights. Our flights were $69 each way to Florida. We calculated that the Tahoo would use approximately 133 gallons of gas there and back. At $3.00 per gallon ($400.00), an extra hotel stay ($80- $100), and food there ($50- $100) and back the flights soon became reasonable. We will probably spend a little more with the flights, but we will be there in 2 hours. I think that the extra cost will probably save our marriage and my kids lives. HEE HEE. They are both better in the car than in the past, but 12-14 hours one way! EECCKK!

This week I am going to nail down the final dining plans. I will make a listing and the approximate cost. Remember our dining is FREE FREE FREE! This is going to be such a savings and we have three character meals scheduled. You can never have enough Characters can you??? They would run a family of four about $100- $120 per meal. I have purchased a few small Disney items that I am going to pack and give to the kids when we get to the parks. Hopefully, this will cause them to not WANT as many items. YEAH RIGHT! Have you met our kids?!?

Yuri has been reading the Disney books with me and is trying to "decide" all the rides he wants to go on. Since I cannot ride very many rides I will probably get stuck with Yin in "Its a Small World". Just kill me now!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home