Brando's Bloggins

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Happy Adoption Day Yin

Yesterday was the one year anniversary of Yin's adoption day. I cannot believe that one year ago we were in court, yet again, and testifying that we would love her, take care of her, and be a good mom and dad to her. I am sure that there are days when all of these were true and the other days...

Yin has really been a blessing in our lives. I love to see her sleep. She looks just like an angel and when she smiles it is contagious. She is learning new words each and every day. Ed just got a new dog Baxter. I sure love to hear her say "Baxer Baxer".

Her hair is getting long enough to wear in a pony tail and man does it make her look like a big girl. She is almost not a baby. Her feet are big and flat. She is able to run, jump, and CLIMB. She has a great sense of adventure and doesn't seem to be afraid of anything. She will almost always warm up to men before women. She likes to play with dolls, but she is happy to play in the gravel with trucks.

She still sleeps in a crib, drinks from a sippy cup, and she has just started to understand part of the potty thing. She will come to us and tell us "Wet", but that is only when she is very wet. She says things are pretty and knows lots of animal noises. She counts 1, 2, 5. She says many colors, but I am not sure if she knows what they are. She can name tons of people.

If you are squatted down working on something she will squat down beside you. It is the cutest thing. She loves to brush her teeth and take a bath. She hates to have her hair washed. She likes to go on bike rides. She will let Waylon run right up to her and lick her. She chases cats, but is always nice to them. She sings songs both on the radio, on TV (the Wiggles), and songs that are all her own. Her favorite song is you are my sunshine, and she will sing the last word of every line.

She has a pink blanket called pinkie "pinking" in Yin language. Okay, she actually has two because she cannot stand to part with one even for it to go into the wash. She will ask you to put her to bed when she is tired. She loves to unfold laundry. She like to play with pots and pans. She is a good eater, and she loves to drink juice. She likes "neen beans", mashed potato's and "high cream". She will say "oohh" (not in the good way) when you try to give her pickles, but she really likes them.

She can do all the motions to "Bears now alseep" by the Wiggles. She spanks her butt when she dances. She loves for you to chase her like a bear. She is learning to do a sommersault. She likes the insides of onion rings separate from the outside. She loves ketchup, butter, syrup, mustard, mayo... tartar sauce, french onion dip, vegetable dip and all things dipable.

She is all the things that I hoped for in a daughter and many of the things that I never dreamed that she would be. Her smiles and hugs can make any day brighter and her temper reminds me of someone else I know.

I have many spectacular hopes and dreams for my sweet Yin. I hope that she is happy. I hope she finds joy in the small things. I hope that she finds someone someday to share her life with. I hope that she never gives up her dreams. I hope that she is confident, assertive, and kind. I hope that she knows all the joy that she has brought to my life. I love you my little Yin - mommy

3 Comments:

  • At 9:14 AM, Blogger Rudy said…

    I love our little angel/devil too.

     
  • At 7:24 AM, Blogger Ragged Around the Edges said…

    Brando, what a wonderful, sweet and touching post. You are blessed. Yin is blessed.

     
  • At 10:38 PM, Blogger Rhonda said…

    oh, she sounds perfectly wonderful. I'd love to see that pickle reaction...too funny!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home