Brando's Bloggins

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Saucy Salsa & Disney DIning


We have several tomatos on our four tomato plants so I have decided to become productive and can some salsa.

On Monday I canned 11 quarts of salsa. I make my salsa out of the Mrs. Wages Salsa mix. It was really easy and Yuri helped. He was the official tomoto washer.

On Tuesday I had a neighbor bring me more tomatos so I decided to call Nene and get the recipe for Tomoto Catsup Relish? I have to admit that I do not care for this, but Rudy LOVES LOVES LOVES it so I thought that this would be a nice surprise. Nene gave me the receipe and then told me to make a few changes. I hope that she didn't Marie me. Remember the episode of Everbody love's Raymond where Debra got a "special" recipe and ingredients from Marie. Well Marie put a different label over one of the spices and it made Debra's treat horrible. Rudy and I laughed and laughed as I said I hope that Nene didn't Marie me.

Hopefully he can find something besides beans to eat it on. I HATE BEANS!! YUCK!!!


(tried to add cinderella's castle here, but no luck)

Today we recieved our speical tags from Disney for our luggage. This is an awesome FREE perk this year. You place the special label on your luggage and they will go to baggage claim and find it for you and transport in directly to your hotel room. All we have to do is get off the plane and go to the air conditioned bus. It is like a GreyHound bus.

After our trip we can check our luggage at the hotel and print our boarding passes there. So no waiting in line with two tired kids (okay three if you count Rudy) at 5 am to return home. I have to admit that I am very excited about this trip. I cannot wait to see Yuri and Yin's faces when they see Cinderella's castle and a character for the first time.

In eating news we are having four, yes four, character meals.

On Saturday, we are having a Character late lunch early supper at the CRYSTAL PALACE in Magic Kingdom with Pooh, Tigger, and Eeyore the cost for this is $23.00 for adults, and $11.00 for kids. Yin eats free.

On Monday, we are eating our anniversary supper at the Garden Grill Restaurant. This is a really cool restaurant that turns. The entire restaurant turns so the scenery is always changings. It is located in Epcot with Mickey, Chip, Dale and Pluto. The cost is $25.00 for adults and $11.00 for kids. Yin eats Free

On Tuesday ,we are eating at the Akershus Royal Banquet Hall. This is a princess meal. Do not tell Yuri. It is located in Norway inside of Epcot. We will eat with Snow White, Belle, Mulan, Jasmine etc. everyone except Cinderella. The cost is $28.00 for adults and $13.00 for kids. Yin eats Free.

On Wednesday, we are eating at the Donald's Breakfastosaurus. We will eat with Donald, Mickey, and Goofy. The theme here is dinosaurs and it is located in the Animal Kingdom. The cost is $18.00 for adults and $10.00 for kids. Yin as always eats for free.

We are eating at the Sci-Fi Diner and the 50's Cafe located at MGM. I have read the three books that I have on Disney and these character meals seem to have as good of choices as many other restaurants. There are one or two really really nice places but we would have to use two of our meal tokens to eat there. I just can't see wasting an entire meal to eat fancy fancy.

Total character meal costs $233.00 plus tip. Yikes! Our Cost FREE FREE FREE. I am SO glad that one of my Yahoo group people pointed out that Disney was having free dining with our package all you had to do was ask for it!!!

We will also get a free "lunch" type meal each day and a free "snack". Hopefully we can work it with these two meals and a snack so that we don't have to buy any food. Did I mention I CAN"T WAIT TO GO!!!

5 Comments:

  • At 5:10 PM, Blogger Rudy said…

    Did she mention that its FREE FREE FREE. My favorite words. I cant wait for the trip. I am getting gitty with anticipation.

     
  • At 5:11 PM, Blogger Rudy said…

    Thanks for slaving over a hot stove to make my ketchup. I am forever in your debt.

     
  • At 6:16 PM, Blogger K_Dense73 said…

    Do you know how to can beets? I think I want to do that.

     
  • At 7:06 PM, Blogger Brando said…

    Nope, Never made beets. Yuri loves them though. Maybe I should check into that.

     
  • At 6:35 AM, Blogger Ragged Around the Edges said…

    I want to eat with the princesses. I want to eat with the princesses! I am jealous! You guys are going to have a great time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home