Brando's Bloggins

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

There's no place like home

Well Rudy left on Sunday for trainging in Arizona. It has been two days are we are ready for him to come home. I have not gotten to bed before 2Am and I sleep horribly. I keep hearing noises and there is no leg in the bed for me to rub my foot on. I am thinking of taking a tylenol PM, but they make me so groggy that I cannot wake up.

I have spoken with him several times. It is two hours earlier there. He said that it was 101 yesterday. When we travelled there last yer it was 113-116 each day. Man it was hot! I know the humidity is not the same, but 116 is still hot. The car was hot. Metal doors were hot. It was just hot. It was even to hot to swim. We would get in the pool at 8PM and swim. This was really odd becuase the sun doesn't go down until 10pm.

Rudy said that he is the only person taking his class. There are two guys in the class below him and two guys in the class above him. He stayed during his lunch today to try and get some one on one time with the instructor.

Last night I called and he was READING A BOOK. Yes! My Rudy! He is very smart, but in the time that we have been together 15 years this year. He has read only one or two books that were fiction. He is reading the Da Vinci Code. I read it and thought that it was good. I am not going to go into the whole thing about Jesus and Mary Magdeline becuase the book is FICTION regardless of what I believe or don't believe. I think that the fact that the author uses things we all know and have seen make the story better.

Today I took Yin and Yuri, along with the neighbor girls to the library. Yuri got all books on spaces, stars, suns and the like. Yin got a kids book on Korean Americans. Yuri asked why there was no book on Ukrainian Americans since there was an entire series of something American's there. I told him I wasn't sure, but if we look hard enough we could find some book on the Ukraine. He was not interested in trying to do that and said "I'll stick with the space books."

I checked out Dan Brown's Angel's & Demons (Da Vinci Code author), but right now I am reading book 3 of 4 of Lori Copeland's new "Men of the West?" or something like that series. I am going to finish those first. I don't want anything to exciting since I am the WORLDS BIGGEST CHICKEN!



-------------------------------------------------------


Tomorrow is Yuri first day of school. He will be in the second grade. I cannot believe how very fast this summer went. It feels like just yesterday he was crying because there was no more school. He is really ready to go back. He has been on the count down for the last month marking off each day and asking me about 100 times each day ... "How many more days until I go back to school?"

I am sure that Yin is really going to miss him. They play very well during the day, and he is such a help to me. The days go by really fast when he is here.

------------------------------------------------------
Better go Yin is sitting on top on Mr Fantastic (like Stretch Armstrong) and is pulling with all her might. I am not sure who is going to be the winner of this fight.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:58 PM, Blogger Inkling said…

    Thanks so much for your kind words. I had no idea you read my blog, but it means a lot. Yes, Farmwife told me about getting to meet you, and I'm learning how everyone is connected among her blogging friends.

    As for not finding books about the Ukraine, I'm with your little guy. If they don't exist, somebody should write one.

    Good luck sleeping and doing the mom thing while your hubby is out of town.

     
  • At 11:41 AM, Blogger Rudy said…

    I will be home asap. Love ya

     

Post a Comment

<< Home